Bondage Expo Dallas operates on the philosophy of personal responsibility. We feel that each individual has to be aware of and understand the risks associated with bondage/kinky activities, knowledge of how to mitigate those risks, what their personal acceptable risk level is, and that consent relies on all parties using this information to make an informed decision on what/when/how and with whom to engage in these activities. Many/most/all of the activities we engage in come with certain risks. Nothing makes them safe, but many things can make them safer. It is up to YOU to know the risks of activities you are considering engaging in, what makes them safer, and what makes them riskier.
We are adults and, regardless of where we find our partner, it is up to us to actively do due diligence to ensure our own personal well-being. Determining the level of experience, risk awareness, and overall fun-ness potential as a Play partner is the sole responsibility of each individual.
Please ask a Staff or Security member if you have any questions or need clarification on any of the rules. Entry into the B.E.D. event space (and the waiver that must be signed) shall serve as an acknowledgment that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules. Ignorance of the rules/expected behavior, feigned or otherwise, is no excuse (so please DO read the rules).
If you have a problem with anyone at the event or notice disregard for these rules please notify Security or Staff immediately. Blatant disregard of the rules and/or being an asshole may result in you being removed from the event, either temporarily or permanently, at the discretion of B.E.D. Staff. If you are removed from the event for refusing to follow the rules or being an asshole, you will NOT receive a refund.
- Don’t be an asshole. Use your manners. Be mindful in your behavior and respectful and courteous to others.
- Respect people’s personal space and property (human or otherwise). Do NOT enter anyone’s personal space bubble without explicit permission or an invitation. Ask First!
- Badges and wristbands MUST be worn and visible while in the event space. NO EXCEPTIONS. So, please understand when we ask to see it or make you go back to your room to get it. Because we will, our Security Team is good like that.
- Street legal attire and appropriate public behavior are expected outside the event space. This includes, but is not limited to play, rope/tying each other up, and cover all your bits and pieces—don’t do anything in the vanilla space that is likely to scare/offend/alienate the vanillas. If we freak them out and get complaints, we won’t be able to find a hotel to host us in the future and that would be very, very shitty for everyone.
- No cell phones are to be used ANYWHERE in the event space. We understand you may need to carry it on your person to be reached in case of an emergency. We ask that it remain put away and out of sight AT ALL TIMES. Please, leave it on vibrate and if you need to check it you MUST leave the event space. Think of it as a chance to unplug and be in the moment with the people around you.
- NO alcohol in the event space (with the exception of the Meet & Greet ONLY). We had to choose between alcohol or bondage & nudity. We chose the latter. The former can be achieved and consumed in the bar. If you appear intoxicated you will be asked to refrain from participating in classes and/or playing. If you are intoxicated and annoying, you will be asked to leave the event space.
- We are proud supporters of our Vendors. And so, only official vendors will be entitled to sell anything during the event. Vending from cars, hotel rooms, or other parts of the event is PROHIBITED. Unauthorized vending will result in removal from this and any future Bondage Expo events.
No. Yes. Sorta. In designated areas. We have a photoshoot room, see the Registration desk for info or use the sign-up sheet outside the door of the photo shoot room. NO photography or photographic equipment in the event space, please. If you are found to be taking pictures in the event space, Security will delete the pictures and you will be removed from the event and possibly banned from attending any future BED events.
We will have an Official photographer set up outside the Meet and Greet to take individual and group pictures if people desire. The Official Photographer will also be taking pictures, as requested, at the performance Friday night, but only the performers will be photographed. Please do not take your own photos. The NO cell phones rule applies to the Meet & Greet and performances as well.
Play Space Rules:
- House Safe Word is RED. MAYDAY signals that you are experiencing a consent violation and need immediate help.
- Normal play party etiquette is expected. Do not interfere with or interrupt a scene. Don’t be disruptive; respect the “energy” of the play space. Keep socializing in the play space to a minimum.
- Don’t hog or monopolize the equipment. If you are playing with someone and that scene ends, your turn on that piece of equipment ends as well. If you want to start another scene, you have to get back “in line” and wait for your turn again.
- Don’t move the equipment around. If you think it would be way cooler if it were in a different spot, find a Staff member and we will see if we can help make that happen.
- The large play space is louder, the energy there is usually party-like. Minimum socializing is acceptable. The “Quite Ropey Space” is the place to go if you want a more “formal,” quite play space. Socializing in this area is strongly discouraged. We ask that everyone respect the different energy of these play spaces and adjust your behavior (or your location) accordingly. If you are asked by a Staff member to relocate, please do so.
- Hotel (and insurance) says: nothing that requires a flame of any kind in the event space (wax, cupping, fire flogging, etc…); nothing that is going to be very messy (no food, no piss or vomit, no blood play) or is likely to cause us to get charged extra for the hotel to clean it up.
- We don’t have designated DM’s or Play Party Monitors. The expectation is that the adults in the area will monitor their own behavior and act accordingly. We do have Staff and Security that are paying attention and will address issues if needed.
Neither Bondage Expo Dallas, its Officers, Staff, or Security nor the management, volunteers, owners, or operators of the facilities, nor any agents, successors or assigns of any of the foregoing shall be liable to any attendee for injury to person or property incurred as a result of attendance at this event.